The VFTP is pleased to announce our first workshop of the year, a late-winter pruning workshop with seasoned arborist Richard Hallman. January – early April is an ideal time for dormant pruning work, so join us Sunday, March 6th, 2 – 4pm and learn how to prune and care for your own apple and pear trees during this window of opportunity! Held in the garden of one of our very own tree owners (complete with apple, pear, plum and cherry trees!), you will learn:
– To read the condition of your trees
– To estimate the amount of fruit produced in past years and potential yield this year
– How apple and pear trees grow and how they react to pruning and training
– A step by step process that you can follow when pruning your own trees, a great way to overcome the fear of pruning.
– Techniques and tricks you can use to improve the amount and quality of the fruit they produce in years to come
Your trees will certainly applereciate your new pruning knowledge, as you help pearfect their production this year, so be sure to register today for the March 6th Pruning Workshop!