The fruit picking season begins in July, and the Vancouver Fruit Tree Project’s priority is to connect fruit tree owners with volunteers who want to rescue unpicked fruit. We’ll reach out to more than 100 tree owners and 180 volunteers to pick thousands of pounds of fruit this year.
But we’re also working on other projects. See something interesting? Get in touch.
- Fruit picking begins in July
- Training for people interested in being a pick leader or driver for fruit picks
- Bike trailer training – learn how to do self propelled picks (must be able to ride with a heavy trailer)
- Equipment upgrading and repair project
- Outreach events like Main Street Festival, Car Free Day and more
There’s always room for new people, new projects and new ideas with the VFTP (such as making a short 2-4 minute movie, etc). The best way to get ideas off the ground is to contact us and then come to a meeting.
Find more details on current VFTP projects on the front page, by signing up to our infrequent but very informative e-newsletter (use the contact form), and connecting with us on social media (see Facebook and Twitter).