The Vancouver Fruit Tree Project is a non-profit society. Our volunteers harvest extra fruit from backyard fruit trees and redistribute it to community groups. In the past 16 years, we have picked almost 60,000 pounds of fruit and redistributed it to community centres, neighbourhood houses, daycares and other community groups. Volunteers make these food recovery and community building efforts possible; learn more about the opportunities to get involved here. Please feel free to contact us with other questions and/or support our work through a donation.
Please check out the year end digest for a full review of 2015’s highlights and announcements. This winter, as your fruit trees rest and recharge for another abundant summer ahead, so too will the VFTP board members and volunteers. We look forward to connecting with you again in spring as we emerge from hibernation; however, if you have any questions in the interim, please contact email@example.com. Please also keep in mind that dormancy does not necessarily mean idleness! This is an ideal time to have your fruit trees pruned in order to help them flourish this year; for more information, please visit our Pruning Social Enterprise page. Thank you for your various forms of involvement and support through the seasons!!
News and Events
- Our AGM will take place Wednesday, April 13th from 6:30 – 8:30pm at the Family Activity Room (FAR) at Britannia Community Centre. Please join us to learn more about the VFTP and our plans for the year ahead!
- Board meetings are held once per month at David Eby’s MLA Office (2909 W Broadway, Vancouver) and are open to the public. They occur from about April to November of each year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- VFTP BIL:Vancouver – Food Waste Talk February 21/2016 – Details
- VFTP Pruning Workshop March 6/2016 – Details
- Minutes from our 2015 AGM are available here: 2015 AGM Minutes